iLink's Regression Testing model considers the following Inputs / Criteria:
- Changes to the Existing Functionality
- New Product Features
- Fixes for any Defects
At a High-level, thrust is provided to the following steps that impact the application:
- Impact Analysis
- Test Objective and Test Plan Definition
- Test Design
- Test Execution and Closure
The above-mentioned steps are detailed in the following figure.
The Regression Testing Model provides the following Output Artefacts at each of the above-mentioned steps in Regression testing:
- Impact Analysis Report detailing the impacted functionality and the actual impact.
- Regression Test Plan detailing the Regression Test Requirements and Test cases.
- Regression Test Data and Test Suite
All the above-mentioned lead to the Regression Test Execution whose results are recorded in a Test Log and a Dashboard type execution Summary provided of the same.