What are Online Communities?
Online Communities (OC) create powerful new ways to communicate and share information around people. Nowadays, OC is used by everyone and it became a part of our life. Some of the Online Communities are Facebook, Myspace, Blogger, Wordpress, Twitter, Del.icio.us and Digg.
Need for Online Communities
Are we using OC on our own website for better opportunities? Our generation was born into the inception and the growing concept of the Internet. This evolution of the Internet—Web 2.0—elevates your users’ expectations. What if your website is staying alone in the web without connecting to anyone? It will only be one way communication to the people which will not help you even if you provide better solutions.
Look at popular sites like Facebook, Myspace, Blogger and Technorati. These are not just websites, but virtual communities where users interact; where users convert into members.
Online Community Opportunities
How would we implement it in our website? Are you willing to
- increase user-base, brand exposure of your business and loyalty while increasing the revenue?
- achieve best customer support and provide quick solutions?
- increase brand awareness?
- obtain top placement in search engines for high traffic keywords and drive more opportunities through that?
- market your services through all marketing channels (word of mouth, email a friend, search engines ...)?
Then, you are on the right track. You can implement OC’s like discussion forums, blogs and wikis designed for members to easily discover, engage, and thrive though meaningful connections.
iLink has developed Online Community solutions for our clients who are in different verticals and implemented it in a successful way. The Solutions involve customization and tight integration of the Community Features into your existing systems, thereby deriving maximum value for your organization and end users of these services.