Patient Engagement is an interactive medium for patients and Health & Life Sciences organizations to improve health results. Many research around patient engagement states that the well informed patients are the ones who actually play an active role in managing their health. In today’s fast-paced world, due to the explosion of devices and applications, Patient Engagement is largely driven by technology. The interoperability problem that healthcare industry had a few years back seems to be going out of control and expanding at a rapid pace. Patients started using variety of medical devices which actually keeps patient data within it or in the cloud. Further, they are using many healthcare applications and portals on their smart devices , where the personalized clinical data and records of a patient is encapsulated and patients are enabled to view it and further they go for a discussion with doctors online , which leads to get better health outcomes.
To enable clinicians to make better health decisions and for patients to better engage themselves in managing their health, these data must be brought together, filtered as necessary, analyzed and reported upon. Hence Health & Life Sciences organizations are in the process of finding a discrete patient engagement system to contribute them financially by cutting health care costs and meet their objective.
With a large number of successful deployments of Health & Life Sciences solutions, iLink exclusively focuses on Patient Engagement and offer implementation and support services, education, and software enhancement services. iLink's Patient Engagement Framework is an interoperable framework, designed to help Health and Life Science organizations of all sizes to evolve and strengthen their patient engagement strategies. It allows Health and Life Sciences organizations to directly engage members in health-related decision-making, while enabling seamless information exchange among hundreds of different health services and devices.
The Patient Engagement Framework provides wellness solutions for patients by combining personal health information into a single easily accessible account. This supports them to become more informed and engaged in managing their personal health. Patient Engagement Framework boosts personal well-being, cut health care costs and increase participation in clinical studies and other activities that benefits both the patients and the health and life sciences industry.
iLink's Patient Engagement Framework:
- Increases the influence of Providers, Health Plans, Pharma and Care Managers by politely engaging patients/members in conversations at the appropriate time
- Requests daily or weekly updates on numerous health benchmarks from patients/members while delivering tips to them on healthy living
- Provides instant feedback on self-monitoring to shape and reinforce health behaviors
- Provides reminders about scheduled medication, testing, and doctor appointments
- Reduces recruitment time for clinical trials with online screening
- Monitors patient behaviors through social media and mobile devices
- Works more effectively with patients and family members to enhance compliance and build relationships
Engaging patients/members/consumers fully and effectively requires real-time collaboration capabilities, as well as the ability to convey the same information across multiple channels such as smart phones, text messaging, instant messaging, virtual chat agents, email, and web conferencing. Collaboration features include:
- Combine information presented on member, coach, physician, and health worker portals
- Integrate data from various medical systems
- Enable end-to-end collaboration between patients, members, coaches, physicians, and other healthcare providers by empowering aggregation, organization, and search capabilities
- Send data and information to patients and members wherever they are through mobile channels
- Unify communication between patients, members and coaches