iLink follows the Microsoft recommended Exchange Migration steps to plan and implement the Exchange Migration in an organized manner.
iLink analyzes the specific requirements of customers and recommends the appropriate Exchange Online migration and coexistence option:
- For non-Exchange systems, an IMAP-based tool to move email directly into the service.
- For organizations running Exchange on-premises, a more sophisticated tool can migrate the entire contents of Exchange mailboxes, including appointments, meeting requests, personal contacts, and tasks.
- Set up a simple coexistence that allows a staged migration with minimal impact to your on-premises infrastructure
- Set up rich Exchange coexistence – designed to support gradual migration to the cloud, or a period of long-term coexistence between Exchange Online and Exchange Server on-premises. This coexistence approach provides advanced capabilities like sharing of free-busy data between on-premises and cloud users.
Microsoft Active Directory synchronization tool synchronizes the On-premise Active directory with Microsoft Online Directory Service to sync various services such as Exchange Online, Lync Online and SharePoint Online. This results in the following customer benefits:
- Eliminates the need to manage users and groups in two places
- Powers unified global address list
- Simplifies user provisioning
- Enables rich coexistence scenarios
This means that when you add a new employee, delete a terminated employee, or change contact information, these changes are automatically propagated to the cloud, so you don’t have to do it manually. These items become read-only in the cloud, and you continue to manage them with familiar tools in AD, the same way you do today.
The directory sync tool synchronizes changes every 3 hours. To protect your security, it does not sync sensitive information, such as domain passwords.
Directory sync also keeps distribution groups and the global address list up-to-date automatically, and plays an important role when you run in coexistence mode between your local Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
Exchange Online provides a quick, low-impact option for moving from Exchange 2003 / 2007 to the cloud. This migration method is designed for customers who want to migrate their on-premise or 3rd party hosted Exchange 2003 and 2007 mailboxes into Exchange Online and who do not have complex requirements like coexistence, federation, off-boarding, etc. Companies who have deployed Small Business Server 2003 or 2008 will also be beneficiaries of this feature.
iLink prepares an Exchange Migration strategy and a road map customized for specific organizations based on the following decision drivers:
- The number of mailboxes
- Current on-premises Exchange environment
- Would you like to implement Single Sign On?
- Mail Routing through on Premise Organization?
- User Management from On premise organization or Cloud?
iLink’s Hybrid Delivery Model, ability to implement Hybrid Migration and cost effective migration helps customers achieve faster turn around time with respect to Exchange Migration whilst continuing to retain their secure processes and augment them.
For more information, browse http://www.ilink-systems.com/Technology/office-365-exchange-migration