Microsoft SQL Server is a complete set of enterprise-ready technologies and tools that help people derive the most value from information at the lowest total-cost-of-ownership. Enjoy high levels of performance, availability, and security; employ more productive management and application development tools; and deliver pervasive insight with self-service business intelligence (BI).
- Complete information platform for applications of all sizes
- Managed, familiar self-service BI tools
- Support for large-scale data centers and data warehouses
- Opportunities to build and extend applications in the cloud
- Integration with the Microsoft Application Platform
SQL Server offers a range of new capabilities to help businesses of all sizes derive more value from information. Built on improvements in previous versions, SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2008 R2 adds even greater capabilities in development, manageability, self-service BI, and data warehousing.
Take advantage of premium editions feature enterprise-scale enhancements, like greater support for the most demanding workloads and more efficient management of applications and servers in the data center.
Address business challenges with enhancements to core editions. New improvements include support for high-scale complex event processing and managed self-service BI through PowerPivot for Excel and PowerPivot for SharePoint.
Why Migrate to SQL Server:
Organizations today are under tremendous pressure to implement effective cost-control strategies without sacrificing growth, productivity, functionality, or flexibility. Enterprises that currently support multiple data platforms face issues of inconsistency and higher short-term and long-term licensing and service costs. As a database management solution, Microsoft SQL Server provides everything an organization needs to lower its total-cost-of-ownership, manage all volumes of data from birth to archival, and provide mission-critical functionality and reliability.
Top benefits of migrating:
- Low total-cost-of-ownership.
- Full scalability, up and out.
- Increased performance and speed.
- Reduced IT and storage costs.
- Minimized downtime.
- Always-On Technologies: always available.
- Consolidated, enterprise-class environment.
- Interoperability with Microsoft Office.
Complete and Integrated Platform:
As data underpins every business application, Microsoft SQL Server works together with other Microsoft technologies and tools to help organizations make the most of their data. By using the complete and integrated platform from Microsoft, companies can extend their SQL Server infrastructure in the cloud, meet the requirements of the most demanding mission-critical workloads, empower their IT departments, and enable business insights.
- Get more value out of existing IT skills and assets.
- Increase the productivity and agility of IT departments.
- Empower people with powerful business intelligence (BI).
- Quickly build flexible, innovative business applications.
SQL Server and SQL Azure
Extend SQL Server infrastructure with Microsoft SQL Azure, which offers a flexible, cloud-based database solution that uses a familiar data model and tools. SQL Azure delivers cost-effective scalability and reliability.
- Consolidate multiple data sources in the cloud.
- Enable secure access to data from any device.
- Innovate with scalable, custom web applications.
SQL Server and Windows Server
Meet the needs of the most demanding mission-critical applications with the combined features of SQL Server and Windows Server, including enhanced virtualization, management, availability, performance, and security.
- Manage server infrastructure proactively.
- Deliver high levels of availability and performance.
- Protect data and ensure regulatory compliance.
SQL Server and SharePoint Server
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 deployments can quickly become essential collaboration and self-service BI tools for employees. Deploy SQL Server alongside SharePoint Server 2010 for enhanced scalability, availability, and security.
- Enable managed self-service BI across the enterprise.
- Protect sensitive data and comply with regulations.
- Ensure high availability and scalability.
Minimize costs and increase revenue opportunities when hosting public, Internet-accessible websites and applications. SQL Server equips hosters to more efficiently manage services and differentiate their offerings.
- Appeal to a wider group of web developers.
- Capitalize on investments in the Microsoft Web Platform.
- Differentiate services with value-add capabilities.
The Microsoft Application Platform is a comprehensive and integrated set of tools and technologies, which provides capabilities that help you maximize value from your application portfolio.
- Manage IT complexity and increase IT agility.
- Protect information and control access.
- Amplify productivity and decision-making capabilities.