What is SharePoint Infrastructure Planning?
The scope of this service offering consists of envisioning, planning, and developing a solid SharePoint Server 2007 architecture which takes into consideration scalability, security and availability.
The primary goal of delivering a successful infrastructure planning engagement is to enhance the customer’s business systems and operations with the appropriate level of requirements gathering and technology planning.
Following are some of the key aspects of SharePoint Infrastructure Planning offering:
- Architectural Overview
- Server Infrastructure Analysis & Recommendations
- User Load and Activity Estimation
- Review Existing Document Management and Workflow Processes
- Taxonomy Design & Information Architecture.
- Workstation Infrastructure Analysis & Recommendations
- Security Requirements Analysis for Enterprise Portal and Collaboration
Additionally, it would also include critical areas like Active Directory Considerations, Security and Certificates, Virtualization, etc.
iLink has established a very streamlined model to evaluate and define a roadmap to align your SharePoint infrastructure with the business priorities. Following diagrams presents nine dimensions on which this exercise is conducted.
- Enterprise Collaboration community
- Business Process and Work flow Automation
- Enterprise Search
- Enterprise content management and Intranet/Extranet collections
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Service
- Self Service Capability
- Delivery Channels