Better Collaboration and Cost Savings Through Hybrid Migration
Our client, a leading electronic manufacturing company with offices worldwide, wanted to streamline organization-wide communications was maintaining separate AD environment for its users with multiple user accounts and having trouble enabling collaboration across the two AD organizations. The client had been facing challenges to maintain an on-premise exchange environment in terms of managing its growth and capacity planning.
iLink did a complete analysis of the existing environment and proposed an AD consolidation between the AD forests in Mexico and US. iLink completed the AD consolidation and machine migration into the new domain. Subsequently iLink cleaned up the complete AD with 2500+ objects.
The client decided to migrate from local Microsoft Exchange to Office 365 as part of an overall initiative to leverage the broader capabilities of Office 365 including Office, SharePoint & Lync to enhance user experience, productivity and collaboration between various parts of the organization.
The client wanted to migrate to Office 365 with minimal business impact. iLink implemented a Hybrid Deployment model for migration thereby performing batch-based migration of 2400+ mailboxes and about 10TB of mail data with minimal business impact. Additionally, iLink implemented ADFS based Single Sign On solution for the new Office 365 environment.
- Supported high business critical application (Exchange) migration with minimal business impact.
- Rehydrated the attachments into the mailbox before migration ensuring zero data loss due to migration
- Helped bring two AD forests into one consolidated AD thereby easing the operation management of AD
- Mailbox migration of 2400+ mailboxes. (`10 TB of data)
- Setup SSO experience for employees enabling better user experience
- Enabled Automatic Profile Re-configuration thereby proactively reducing tickets in post migration phase.