Increasingly, public sector organizations, be it state, local, tribal, federal agencies, or NGOs are facing tremendous challenges in identifying, tracking, managing, and closing ever-growing incidents. Manual incident management process with no systematic approach for incident prioritization, assignment, resolution and remediation is not ideal for a critical process such as this. With no established process, the time and effort required to manually capture, allocate, manage, track and analyze an incident is huge, thus hampering critical decision making capabilities, and consequently failing to reduce the loss of life, property and any harm to the environment.
The Incident Management Solution Accelerator (IMSA) is designed to address these challenges and issues, and to help public sector (as well as commercial/private sector) agencies be more effective in addressing Incident Management, Tracking, and Resolution needs. Irrespective of the source, size, complexity, location of incidents, this accelerator enables you to get a jump start on deploying the solution to help prevent, protect against, respond to, recover from, and diminish the effects of incidents that matter to you, and to minimize the adverse effect in any crisis situations.
This secure web based solution comes with a great degree of configurability and information access control, making it ideal for multi-departmental organizations. It adheres to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) policies and guidelines, and built to collect consistent incident report data, includes features to automate the work flow from the time an alarm is generated and a new incident gets reported, to the time it is resolved and closed. Additionally, depending on the incident type, priority, time, status and custom criteria, task assignments and escalations can be made to the appropriate resources and actors. The never before seen BI and powerful Analytics components provide custom trends and analysis capabilities to help with informed decision making.
Some of the components in our accelerator include:
As identifying and getting access to resources is vital to prepare, respond or recover from an incident, this accelerator provides you with a full picture of the availability of resources across the organization and departments, and enables easy access to your resources in the time of need.
Online and Field Tools:
In order to maximize the effectiveness and productivity of all the players, this accelerator also comes with a mobile component for the field force, not only to receive updates and new incidents they are responsible for, but also to provide real time updates on an incident and/or its status to other actors in the system/agency. Increased productivity is also achieved through mapping integration with incidents and other features that are not necessarily identified here.
This accelerator comes with configurable and customizable business process automation to meet your specific business and Incident Management requirements. Whether it is automated conversion of an alarm to an incident, or an incident to tickets, or automated assignments of incidents and tickets to your field force, or other workflows, the system can be configured to work specific to your needs rather than retrofitting your business processes to meet the system’s workflows.
One of the most important requirements in critical systems such as Incident Management and Tracking is understanding some of you key performance indicators (KPIs), analyzing trends between connected data, identifying causal effects, etc. This accelerator comes with inbuilt and customizable dashboards, KPIs, reporting, and truly unique and never before seen trends and predictive analysis. The intuitive and innovative self-service BI (Business Intelligence) components also help remove dependency on IT and other vendors in getting to the critical data that you need and can help you easily get to it in a matter of seconds. Reporting and trending is also enabled offline without compromising on the innovation and self service capabilities.
Information Management and Security:
The role based authentication and authorization mechanism combined with the organizational hierarchy ensures the safety of data that is shared between groups, especially when multiple organization groups are involved in working on sensitive information.
The accelerator has the ability to integrate unified communication capabilities via technologies and tools such as Lync, to enable stakeholders from different disciplines, departments, organizations and agencies, to collaborate and share information (voice, video, pictures, email, fax document etc) seamlessly, thus establishing a common operating picture for an incident.
High Level Features:
- Workflow based Incident Lifecycle Management
- Ability to capture alarms from your systems of interest
- Automated Incident Trouble report creation from generated Alarms
- Automated Ticket creation for Trouble reports
- Ticket Life cycle Management including Status tracking
- Automatic scheduling of service activity
- Algorithm based field personnel assignment
- Dynamic Routing
- Data Cube based BI & Reporting
- Intuitive and Innovative reporting, BI, and Trends analysis
- Predictive analysis
- Self Service BI removing dependency on IT and other vendors for critical data analysis
- Offline reporting with amazing look & feel, and trending ability.
- Custom report generation on demand
- Hierarchy based data access
- Ability to associate multiple tickets and/or multilevel tickets (Child tickets) with an Incident
- Incident lay over on Maps
- Field force Tracker – GIS Maps
- Track the location in real time
- Time sensitive temporal tracking of field force (for after analysis if need be)
- Field force Locator – GIS Maps
- Find available field personnel closest to location and/or incident
- Assign Service activity from the same screen
- Mobile Solution for field force
- Live tiles
- Integrated mapping
- Ability to update Incident details and status for real time COP (Common Operational Picture) for all parties involved
Benefits of using the Incident Management Solution Accelerator:
- Standardized approach that is scalable and flexible
- 30% to 40% solution READY on Day 1 helps reduce cost and realize ROI faster
- Bring your solution to market faster
- Take IP ownership
- Easier BPA and BPI with other LOB systems if required
- Do not compromise on quality
- Do not modify your business process to meet the system’s capabilities. Rather, configure and customize the system to meet your business processes and needs
- Incorporate best practices and industry standard designs